Saturday, January 07, 2006

Phase two

I wanted to sit down and write a little bit while the water is warming for my tea. I don't want anyone upset with me - it's 11:12 p.m. and I want to properly thank everyone who left birthday greetings but I have to be up again in about seven hours. I will do it. I promise - but not tonight.

My dad just left a little while ago. It was a good day for the most part. We had Chinese for lunch and ended up doing something extremely fun on my part: roaming through the aisles (again!) of the Lowe's, only this time it was the new one in Gallatin. We spent a large chunk of the time looking at the power tools and I got a lot of practical advice: "Don't buy Ryobi. They've been bought out and you can't get parts for the tools anymore. This attachment is great for the dremel - I use it a lot. Here's what you should do if you want power in your studio..." Yeah, it was good. There are a lot of things unsaid between us but this day, neither of us let them get in the way.

I really want to type more but I'm beat. I'm going to go try to watch Stargate without falling asleep with my tea in my lap. I'm counting tomorrow as "Phase Three" of my birthday - admission is free to the Hermitage tomorrow for the 191st (!) anniversary of the Battle of New Orleans and I'm hoping to get there early enough to get some good sketches before so many of the church crowds get there. After that, I'll get back to work on the sketches for Khnum. I think he's getting a little impatient with me.

Goodnight y'all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, did Khnum flood you in his impatience at your procrastination or are you just too busy painting to blog?
If the former, holler as you go floating by and I'll beseech Kali(my painting of her sold, but I just posted a pic on my blog) to have a little talk with him, if the latter, then please, by all means,carry on!

:)