Thursday, December 08, 2005

FIRST GOAT EVER!!!


As they say in Monty Python and the Holy Grail: "I got better."


This is the same painting from two entries ago and the first goat I have ever painted - or drawn, for that matter - in my life. I decided the second goat just didn't work in the composition like I really, really, really wanted. So out he went. It still has a hard edge or two that needs to be softened up and a few highlights to brighten on the face but other than that, it's good to go. Then again, I may bring the violet around to the lower left a little more so it doesn't divide the painting in half...and I may bring the fur out a little bit so it doesn't just sit right in the middle of the board...aaarrgghh....

Do you think it's a worthy Christmas gift?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the goat. Beautiful, sweet smile. But then, I love goats in general.

I'm happy to have found your blog. It's a good read. Nice to hear a fellow artist ramble-I tend to do so myself.