Tuesday, December 13, 2005

This moment

There is a halo around the moon and there is a thin line of frost on my clothes where they hang across the line. I take them down anyway, followed by the line itself. It's supposed to rain in a few hours.

I carry my clothes in their willow basket to the truck where the week's groceries wait. They need to be sorted - which bags go in? What needs to be refrigerated? Where's that framing wire and the eye-holed screws? They need to go to the studio so I can wire those three paintings...

That's when it hits me. All the big looming questions - "Am I doing the right thing with my life? Have I lost my faith or was it real to begin with? Am I just crazy and refusing to admit it?" - are gone, wiped clean as if they never existed. Right now, in this very moment, I am exactly where I need to be, doing exactly what I need to do.

I am content. There is a halo around the moon.

No comments: