Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Khnum Update #2

Well, I'm not entirely thrilled with the photo. All the little white spots are glare.

I think He's about finished. I tried to add more colors to the painting (I kept hearing one of my former instructors - Ms. Mulcahy - in my head: "USE MORE COLOR!!") but just didn't work. So, it's time to put Him back, let Him dry and see if there is anything that needs to be changed. Then it's varnishin' time! (For some reason, I wanted to say it like a UT football game: "It's varnishin' time in Tennessee!" I think I've inhaled too many paint fumes.)

When it's finally all said and done, it'll be time to see what kind of reception He'll get on DeviantArt. I can go back to doing different kinds of goofy posts in my blog too. Whoo-hoo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to get a good shot, isn't it, especially with the glare factor. Sigh.

He's lookin' good though.

What do you use for varnish? I'm always afraid of dulling the color too much!

Azra said...

You can say that again! :-/

Ooh. I hadn't thought about dulling the color. ACK!!!!

Truth be told, I've never used the stuff before. I can't remember the brand name - I want to say "Kryon" - and it is spray rather than brush on. The painting has some dull and shiny spots (I glazed various areas) on it and I wanted to see if varnish would even the whole surface out.

Anonymous said...

Good luck baby!