Saturday, June 27, 2020

Stories

Oops. I almost let the day go by without doing an entry. 

Stories have been on my mind lately. Not only the kinds authors write, but stories we tell ourselves too. 

Isn't that what we do? We tell ourselves "This is what I am. This is what I do. I'm okay with that" and most don't bother to look any farther. They are happy with their story. 

Then there's those of us who sometimes feel like one of the characters in that Pirandello play, Six Characters In Search of an Author. We aren't happy with the way the story is going. We feel, like those characters in the play, unfinished and go looking. Some of us go looking for the author. Some go looking for a new story. Some just go looking to see what they can find. 

What's the story you're telling yourself? Are you happy with it? 

I can say there are places where I definitely am not happy with the story. I do feel like a Pirandello character - unfinished, but wanting to round myself out (character wise, anyway. Physically is a different story.) 

Now, I suppose comes more questions. Am I willing to go looking for a change of story? Am I willing to be more of an author, instead of just letting the story go as it will? 

No comments: