Thursday, August 02, 2007

Tangible Proof I'm Not an Artist Wannabe Poser

I feel good today. My paintings are in their new, temporary home at the gallery. I ended up turning in just two: the 'jester' and another where the tomato is a half finished puzzle.

I had a lot of craziness going on in my head as I walked in. I was sure I was going to be singled out as soon as I walked through that door as the Artist Wannabe Poser. Never mind the fact I made it through the selection process for this show. Never mind all the great comments left on this blog about my work. I kept hearing Ms. Mulcahy (one of my instructors from college) in my head, "Look at all that rubbery brushwork!" Then I saw some of the other entries.

My paintings were as good as any- and everything in that room. I got several great comments - one woman has already said she may just have to buy them. My work belongs in that show.

So yeah. I feel really good today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lordy... I had best put my name on that wonderful tomato jester before someone else does!!!!!!!

~Lisa

p.s. You are no wannabe...

Anonymous said...

I am going to be the proud owner of "JESTER"... YES! Thank you!

Your other piece is amazing... Meg, the gallery owner, is thinking of purchasing that piece for herself..

You are NOT a wannabe-baby!!

Azra said...

All right!! You got it! :-D I'm glad it'll be going to a good home.

Thank you for saying I'm no poser too - I needed to "hear" that.