Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Khnum Update

This is what happens when you try to photograph a semi-wet board on a sunny day: 99.995% of the blue isn't actually in the painting. It's the sky reflecting off the glaze in the background. That's sort of cool, in a bizarre kind of way.

Now I just need to pull the "people-esque" shapes out of the background a little more and tone Khnum Himself way down before the detail goes in (I think I need to work in a few more colors too.) Some of the strange texture in the background is where I had the paint run down the board to represent Khnum's water aspects. Now it just looks like part of the wall.

There for a while, I had some serious doubts about this thing. I threatened several times a day to just take this painting right off the easel and let Him think about how He was treating me it sit until I was good and ready to work on it again. Maybe we're finally coming to an understanding.

I certainly hope so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous.

The darkness is the perfect compliment, and shelter for, his creative fire.

I'd say it's coming along beautifully.

Azra said...

Thank you Zan!

:-D