Friday, October 07, 2005

Ghost Whisperer

Okay, I admit it. I checked out that new show on CBS - Ghostwhisperer. I had my doubts about it and I still do, especially after seeing that James Van Pragh is involved with it.

Now, I have my own thoughts about the existence of ghosts. I do not think it is as sugarcoated as Van Pragh, John Edward or Sylvia Browne would like us to think. From what I understand, they would like us to think that when we die, a magical transformation occurs and we become these shining, happy people having a grand ol' time and without a care. In other words, we drop everything that makes us...well, us and we're supposed to be blissfully happy with finding what's left of ourselves in the gardens of the gods.

What's the point of that scenario?

"What's the point?" is what asked myself about this show. Ooo, she sees dead people. Ooo, they see her. Awww, she fixes a problem with their family. Ooo, they go to the light.

Part of the problem is the title: Ghostwhisperer. Now, thanks to having a somewhat crooked mind as well as having read Monty Roberts' The Man Who Listens to Horses: The Story of a Real Life Horse Whisperer, I kept expecting to see those ghosts getting worked around a round pen and "joining up" with the trainer - just like Monty said they would.

No comments: