Friday, October 07, 2005

Performance anxiety

I know this is my blog.

I also know that I can write whatever the hell I damn well please in my blog.

The problem is that I seem to have caught a good case of performance anxiety. I've noticed the visitor counter going up. I've read the comments that have been left after some of my posts. Now the thought running through my head when I start to write something is, "Bloody hell! Now I've got to write something good! I've got to be topical! I've got to write something with meaning! Ah hell - now I've got to be bloody interesting!!!"

Well, you know what? I'm not going to be good. I'm not going to be topical. I probably - more than likely - won't write much of anything with meaning. If we're lucky, I'll get the thought that I can be a good author out of my system and just be me. I'll leave it up to other folks to decide if my little strange life is interesting.

What I am going to do is try to post more often.

Now, with that said, we are returning to regular programming. Carry on.

No comments: